- A position which will utilize and expand my experience creating
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from
Drake University in Des Moines,
- Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform.
|Java ||Apache||SSL||SQL Server||Windows NT/2000/XP||EDI||Perl|
|JSP/Servlets||Perl||HTML||Oracle ||AIX||ANSI X.12||Google App Engine|
April 2010 to Present
Web Application Developer
May 2005 to April 2010
, Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
Valhalla, New York.
- Create applications for a leading provider of imaging and information products using Java, Tomcat,
Hibernate, Struts, Salesforce.com and Google App Engine.
- Integrate data between a wide variety of systems including SAP, AS/400, Astea and Salesforce.com.
Programmer/Analyst, Fujifilm Medical Systems USA Inc.,
- Create applications for a leading provider of medical equipment using Java,
JRun, Servlets with Struts and Hibernate, JSP and Macromedia Flash Remoting.
- Migrate the entire set of Java applications to IBM Websphere Application Server.
- Lead the design phase of a complete rewrite of the Quoting and Approval application.
- Migrate data and manage interfaces for Astea Service Management System, an FDA qualified application.
- Integrate AS/400 data with Salesforce.com CRM
October 2002 to March 2005
, VitalWorks, Inc., Ridgefield, Connecticut.
- Created applications that securely handle patient information for a
leading provider of medical practice management systems using Java,
Tomcat, Servlets, JSP and Struts.
- Designed PracticeExchange using structured specifications and design
patterns; coded it in Java using RMI over SSL on Tomcat accessing
Microsoft SQL Server and Sybase databases; implemented it in a
distributed environment in customer beta sites.
- Created new features and maintain InfoUnplugged, an application that sends
information from the Practice Management System to a handheld device.
- Maintained Radiology application.
June 2001 to March 2002
Senior Software Engineer
, Petaluma, California.
- Designed and coded extensions to the Cisco Customer Interaction Suite
- Implement solutions, train customers at their site, and advised sales
January 2000 to April 2001
Web Development Engineer
, FamilyWonder, Inc., San Francisco,
- Designed, coded and implemented internal tools and applications for an
internet retailer of children's video, music, toys and books using Perl
and Java on a Sun Solaris server running Oracle databases, and projects
that included BEA Systems Weblogic and ATG Dynamo.
August 1995 to January 2000
Senior Programmer Analyst
, ComputersAmerica, Inc., San Rafael,
- Implementated Trend distribution management software on an
IBM RS/6000 using AIX for a national computer reseller
with $80 million in annual revenue. Wrote and maintained custom
reports and functions in Progress accessing Trend.
- Managed, and completely re-wrote, Electronic Data Interchange system
that supplied $1 million worth of products monthly.
- Wrote and maintained intranet applications using Java Servlets, JSP,
JDBC, HTML, PHP and Cold Fusion.
- Administered Windows NT network with 8 servers and 100 clients.
- Implemented SalesLogix contact management software in the enterprise.
August 1994 to August 1995
, Dallas, Texas.
- Wrote and maintained applications for the management of Electronic Data
Interchange for a national computer reseller with revenues over a
billion dollars, according to standard methodologies and source-code
- Managed EDI processes and trading partner relationships.
August 1992 to August 1994
, Cedex Services International, Lafayette, California.
- Wrote an application to collect, store, format and move data pertaining
to the maintenance and repair of shipping equipment using Electronic
Data Interchange and Progress. Sold to 300 users worldwide (since
grown to 600).
- Wrote and maintained programs to customize and automate communications
with existing systems.
- Installed and maintained a five-user Novell Netware local area
April 1987 to August 1992
, Unicon International, San Francisco, California.
- Wrote and maintained applications to manage the surveying of shipping
equipment for a $25 million company, including billing, data entry and
- Wrote and maintained an application to manage the costs of shipping
equipment maintenance and repair.
- Administered system consisting of a VAX/VMS system, and a twenty-user
Novell Netware local area network, including backup, maintenance and
software and hardware installation.
This resume is also available in Microsoft